February 28, 2006

ANOTHER INTERVIEW WITH JORAN--UNEDITED


Yippee! We get another chance to listen to Joran foul up, and UNEDITED no less! Am I dreaming? I think O.J. has teamed up with Joran to help him find the real killers, or at least show him how to pin it on the Kalpoe brothers.


Photo from Joranvandersloot blog



Greta's Interesting Trip to Aruba

Gretawire--We just got back from a very quick trip to Aruba. We got word late last week (Friday?) that Joran van der Sloot would sit down for an interview with us in Aruba. The one agreement: that we wouldn't edit it. That seemed fair to me. Frankly, I hate to have controversial interviews edited, since despite our best efforts, everyone — viewers and guests — yell "foul." An unedited interview allows me to simply say, "Here it is. You be the judge." Joran also did not want to do the interview in the United States, so we agreed on Aruba.

I am not sure when the interview will air. I suspect either beginning tonight or tomorrow. I say "beginning" because it is quite long — more than one hour, maybe as long as two — and thus we can't do it in one night and we can't edit it. If I were to describe the interview, I would say it is like a deposition — although it was not intended to be any particular style. The only difference is that neither of us had notes, I simply asked questions and he answered. Naturally I formed an opinion (I am human, not a machine), but will hold it pending your viewing of the interview. I don't want you to be influenced by my view. I want you to form your own opinion after you see the interview.

Needless to say, our presence in Aruba was no secret. We spend so much time there that we are recognized (and of course our equipment is also a big hint.) Prior to the interview, people came up to me in the hotel to tip me off that they had seen Joran in the hotel and that I should try and get an interview with him. I merely said, "Great idea!"

The interview got off to a slow start. Joran agreed to do it at 10 a.m., but his parents showed up with one of his former teachers and they were much opposed to it. They spent more than an hour meeting with him privately to convince him not to do it. I was not completely worried that the interview would be aborted, since Joran was extremely determined to do it. We let them talk of course and then, after a long talk, Joran said he was ready. I did speak to his parents and assured them that I had no tricks. I was just going to ask questions — what happened? And what happened next? And then? And next? — and let Joran talk. I told them that my questions were straightforward and that if he got "hurt" in the interview, it would be his doing and not mine since I had not tricks up my sleeve. I just wanted to ask him questions about that night and other related issues.

As the interview was to begin, Joran said he did not want his parents in the room. He did want his teacher. I said fine. I just wanted to ask questions and did not care who was or was not in the room. The teacher said just as we entered the room for the interview and before we started that there would be no "re-enactment" questions. I thought he meant that we would not go out on the Marriott Beach and walk through the night and where Joran was. I had not intended to do that. I just wanted to ask questions and was curious as to the answers.

As we sat down seconds later, I re-thought more about what he said and realized that he meant I could not ask about the night Natalee vanished. That was odd and of course something I could not agree to, as my purpose of doing the interview was to ask about that night. We had not traveled to Aruba to discuss anything but that night. I turned to the teacher from my chair and told him I had to ask Joran about that night, that was why I was there and Joran agreed to that. I don't know if I got a response, but the interview began and Joran answered questions about that night. Joran was at all times willing to answer the questions. I am anxious to hear your reaction to the interview.

After the interview we began our race to the airport. As usual, we had little time to get there and had to go through customs, etc. We decided to detour, risk missing our flights (we did) and see if the Kalpoe brothers would talk to us. Since Joran was so willing to talk, we figured that maybe the Kalpoe brothers would. We were not sure if we could remember how to find their home, but we got lucky and found it. We drove up and saw two cars — including Deepak's which has now been returned by the police to him. We knocked. There was no answer, so we took some pictures of the car and left.

As we drove off, we spotted the front door opening. I jumped out of the car, went to the door and got it slammed in my face. Then more than one person started screaming at me through the glass pane next to the door. I am not stupid. I got the message that I was not welcome and backed off. I am not sure who was screaming at me, but I think it was the Kalpoe brothers' mother and stepfather... and maybe the grandmother. I have met them before, but it was dark inside their house and they were so mad that I did not linger.



17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im so glad Greta got this interview
Funny how the Kalpoe are so flipped out
Greta will get a good interview

Anonymous said...

So they all look dark, including the two black guards are the real killer suspects, not the white Dutch prince? Is that it?

Anonymous said...

Does this kid not listen to his lawyer at all? Does the Kid ever keep his ass in school? For someone wanting to get on with his life he sure seems to keep himself from getting on with it.
Im glad Greta got the interview
Hopefully she will bring the right questions out after all she was a criminal lawyer ( she has formed her opinion ) that should be interesting

Anonymous said...

The leftovers of the LCD TV from last weekend red tag sales at the local supermarket are gone completely. Many people want to watch Greta's interview with Joran at FOX channel tonight. These mini LCD TV are cheap and convenient you can watch your favorite show everywhere on network, cable or saterlite if you have the right hookup. The Natalee story is a frenzy caught on every American, and is helping our economy. People are buying more TV and video equipments and furnitures and lightings. Good for us.

Anonymous said...

What a coincidence..Joran was in the hotel. More spring break students arrived?????

Anonymous said...

I've read he might be going on Larry King Live also.

Anonymous said...

Carnival going on in Aruba right now.

Anonymous said...

Sue said:
Does this kid not listen to his lawyer at all? Does the Kid ever keep his ass in school?
---------------------------------

why should he listen to any lawyer ? is it not obvious to everyone there is no such thing as DUTHC LAW ? There is no law in Holland or its territories, you just do whatever the hell you want with little or no consequences. Holland bred the ass known as Joran.

Anonymous said...

Sloot is going right back to his old lifestyle...NOBODY is gonna tell him anything...let alone a atty. or his parents...lol..its a good example of no parental control at all...he is a loose cannon and a control freak...kalpoes are getting kinda tight now...the pressure must be unreal...stress and nerves has gotta be playing on them bigtime...now they want greta arrested for calling them murderers...Heavy guilt and unreal pressure is mounting and they know it won't end anytime to soon...and a so called buddy selling their butts out...Lets see [sloot's] new and improved tall tale...see if he makes better eye contact[im sure he has been practicing on that one]...if it wasn't so tragic it would almost be funny...how he honestly thinks he can tell more lies and improve HIS situation...not NATALEE'S...but HIS..its so obvious that is his only agenda..HIS LIFE to hell with natalee holloway and her life...cold,heartless,selfish and he is free to welcome the spring break students to aruba...real sad!! Keep up the pressure!!!

Anonymous said...

This is a email i sent to Greta today and her response He comment is on top the only thing edited is my email address and location


we talked about the sexual contact...and we talked about her level of intoxication so that you will have to decide whether, as a "juror" you would think against her will or not..greta

-----Original Message-----
From: Susan Evans
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 8:09 PM
To: Show -OnTheRecord
Subject: Holloway case


Greta,
A week or so ago you had your panel on talking about the Holloway case.
Jeff said there is no proof of a rape and you stopped him in his tracks and said something to the fact
that you sat at Anita's table with Beth and listen to her give detail of what Joran did with her..
your comment after was something like you wanted to just fade away..

I am wondering If you addressed this with Joran while you had the chance??


Sue Evans

Anonymous said...

Ha, Joran's second interview with Greta, Look at his face, his nose is growing longer than ever. No way, just more repeated lies. He is bringing down the whole Aruban government to ruins. Boycott Aruba!

Anonymous said...

I find it funny that when ABC did the interview with Joran and with his parents, there were "ABC Sucks" images all over this blog, but I can't find the "Fox News sucks" or "Greta sucks" banners anywhere now? Double standards....??? No letter writing campaign either....???

Also, because of carnaval it's school holidays in the Netherlands these weeks, so all this talk about Joran not being in school etc is rubish (...Sue...)!!!

There are rumours going around that Greta now thinks Joran is innocent. What do you think about that?!

I bet Beth is shitting bricks at the moment.....

Anonymous said...

It sounds like Greta may play both sides of aisle now to monopolize her ratings on the Natalee story. If Joran knew all the details about the anatomy of Natalee's private body parts, he indeed had committed a sexual assault on
Natalee that night. Greta is toning down her questoning to please Joran somewhat and I don't think she will allow Beth to add any further comments. This is her dangerous backstabbing on Beth.

Anonymous said...

I find it funny that when ABC did the interview with Joran and with his parents, there were "ABC Sucks" images all over this blog, but I can't find the "Fox News sucks" or "Greta sucks" banners anywhere now? Double standards....??? No letter writing campaign either....???

------------------
First of all, ABC did suck because they were never deeply involved with the case as Greta has been there from DAY ONE. Secondly, Greta did not pay for Joran to fly to the United States for the interview. Thirdly, this is an unscripted, unedited discussion. That seems more fair than what we got from ABC. The questions used for Joran's ABC appearance had to be cleared. Any taped interview can be edited to make it look partial or biased, but this will be unedited.

And I'm sure Greta's availability to decent technology in order to capture exactly what Joran says is a tad better than what the idiot Skeeters used.

I think it's going to be very interesting to see what happens. I'm not jumping to any conclusions on what Greta is going to think or say, and I certainly don't think she will stab Beth in the back.

Anonymous said...

Bet Joran during the interview decided to drag all the Aruban police force through the mud all the way to the door of the Kalpoe's and calledout "Murderers! Murderers!". When the Aruban police dumb pigs all w€oke up from the murk, they wanted to arrest Greta, but they had no clue where she was. Who put the Aruban LE in the cesspool? Joran's lies did. It's not funny at all, how stupid they are.

Anonymous said...

In response to Greta's email..as a juror to decide to her will and to her level of intoxication....how is it possible to do so...when Joran has totally changed his story to fit the facts and what he reads on the blogs? Now he says no sex and not drunk. What a farce! Besides, you know he has already gotten the word that the judge will clear him..otherwise he wouldn't be doing any interviews.

Did I say farce?!!

Anonymous said...

It's hard not to like this kid!! He seems sincere and candid (Greta's words). Props to Joran, he's done very well. Now he has Joe Tacopina representing him, he's golden. Joe's one of the Best NY lawyers around. He's already dissed the Holloway/Twitty's on Dan Abrams. Good choice VDS!