August 03, 2006

PVDS--A REAL "WINNER"...I MEAN LOSER




By Meri, Aruban Boycott Contributor


There are some who believe that Paulus was wrongfully arrested and that he deserved to be compensated for false arrest, etc. I do not agree. This came from a newspaper article and is the reason cited for his arrest:


Paul van der Sloot, a judge in training on Aruba at the time, was arrested on 22 June 2005 on suspicion of conspiring on or after the fact with his son. He was released without charge four days later but still considered a suspect.


I DO believe that Paulus conspired with not only his son Joran, but with the Kalpoes as well when the case first began. I believe that the Aruban police did at least one correct thing by arresting him based on the information that they had in their possession at the time of his arrest.


On Aruba, and under Dutch law they do not need probable cause to make an arrest. They can and do arrest anyone that they want to based on mere suspicion of wrong-doing. They can also arrest anyone that they want to for questioning. If this had happened in America the party involved would truly have reason for a lawsuit because we require probable cause and a warrant before we can detain someone.


On Aruba, Paulus' arrest was within the confines of Dutch law and I believe that they had good reason to question Paulus. I also believe that he DID conspire with his son regarding the disappearance of Natalee Holloway and at the very least, he allowed the boys to continue on with a huge lie that stalled and delayed the investigation. It also resulted in the arrest of two innocent men and gave the three main suspects time to get rid of evidence.


The security guards should be compensated for false arrest concerning the disappearance of Natalee Holloway...not Paulus van der Sloot. I don't know who harmed Natalee so I can't accuse Paulus of being involved in her death, but I feel that he DOES know what happened to Natalee that night in May and that he is continuing to stonewall the police and everyone else by keeping silent.


He once told Dave that he would do ANYTHING to protect his son and I believe that is exactly what he is doing. If Paulus is guilty of nothing else then he IS guilty of impeding an investigation and that is justification for him to have been arrested.


I believe that he should be re-arrested for continuing to remain silent about what he knows. I believe also, that the three main suspects should be re-arrested because they haven't told all that they know either. I don't think that Paulus would have won his case had he not had powerful connections on Aruba and friends among the Judges who granted him the win. I suppose you can't make people talk if they are determined not to but it's certainly worth another try after all of this time


I would like to see both the Dutch and the FBI invited in to re-question those three boys and Paulus. I would like to see them take a lie detector test but if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle so I am dreaming when I ask for what I want. No one has to take any tests and no one has to speak so we are left with nothing.


Some believe that Joran told the truth when he was interviewed on American television but after counting many, many inconsistencies in his stories I do not believe that he was truthful at all.


According to Skeeters, Deepak is also lying when he states that he had no involvement in whatever happened to Natalee. So far, no one has verified whether that is true or not either. No one has verified anything and rumors are more prevalent than facts in this case.


I can't fault those who prefer to side with the suspects and with Aruba...after all, we are all entitled to our opinions. I can disagree with them and have done so on several occasions. This is also simply MY opinion. The difference is that my opinion is based on the words of both Beth and Dave and I DO believe that they are speaking the truth. Having seen a document from the ALE where Joran accuses Deepak of raping and burying Natalee and comparing that to Joran's subtle finger pointing during his interviews I have no doubt that those boys know a lot more than they are saying.


There are far more questions in this case than there are answers and until those answers come forth I must believe that people are lying and that Paulus should have been arrested and that for once, the ALE did the right thing when they took him into custody.


Why did he win? Well, he's Paulus van der Sloot. Enough said.



Here's your check Paulus...dare to open it?




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea, you got the dole. We know that. But we have the tons of boycott power. When your son Joran travels aboard, someone will assign a seat next to the toilet in the airliner. Something will be really ungly to you, without a word. Your dole will be stolen by the Oduber dogs because they will never pay you a florin. Judge Smit will lose his thumb after Joran wants show him a shark. The Tourism dies and the Arubans all dies of hunger. That closure is predicted by the ArubanBoycott PowerBloggers.