March 06, 2006

BETH TWITTY SPEAKS AT BALL STATE UNIVERSITY



I saw Beth Twitty at Ball State University on March 2, 2006. She is out promoting travel safety to high school and college students before they leave on spring break or their summer and/or graduation travels.


Before she went on stage I was sitting in the back of the room where Beth was being interviewed by local press and television news stations. Beth explained that she has her attorney, John Q. Kelly taking care of most matters for her so she can concentrate on other efforts. I can’t imagine her internal pain and how she must want to take a break from the nightmare she has lived for the past nine months.


She mentioned in her interview that she is using this time to bring something back to help others learn from them. She said, “This story speaks volumes. I have a compelling message to give these young adults…there are challenges and dangers that exist around every corner.


Beth is not at all discouraging international travel. She encourages it and merely wants these young adults to be prepared. “Natalee’s class wasn’t prepared….you are in a crowded place with many people including all your friends. That makes you feel safe, but you aren’t.”


Obviously, Beth is right…someone that can easily befriend others by addressing himself as a 19-year old student/tourist from Holland who happens to look just like everyone else can also be capable of destroying not only one life but the lives of hundreds of others. It’s an anti-social personality disorder called Sociopathy. Ted Bundy was the master sociopath, as are Scott Peterson, Kennedy cousin, Michael Skakel, and don’t forget spoiled brats Lyle and Eric Menendez. I personally place Joran in my top list of sociopaths.


See information on Sociopathy


She is has started a non-profit foundation called Safe Travels Foundation. The website is currently under construction, but will be available soon at www.safetravelsfoundation.org. This is a website where anyone can go to before they travel internationally which will provide information for anyone traveling overseas. Everything from questions on passports, cell phones, points of contact, safety tips and other information.


She stressed that if you are an America visiting another country, the minute you step off U.S. soil, you no longer have rights. You are subject to the laws or lack of laws in that other country.


To boost Beth’s statement, I will reiterate my previous mention of the book, “The World’s Most Dangerous Places”, by Robert Young Pelton, where he states, “"If you are the victim of a crime while on vacation, chances are you will hotfoot it to your nearest embassy or the next town to whine to the police. They will look very concerned, have you fill out all kinds of paperwork, and assure you with religious solemnity that this is an outrage against humanity and this case will receive their utmost attention. Of course a small gratuity to ensure the case is brought to a speedy conclusion is appreciated. You won't hear them chuckling as they slip your fiver in the tea money chest and slide your police report in the trash."



Standing in the front corner, parallel to where Beth was speaking to a packed house of students, parents, and local residents, I was very moved by Beth’s speech. She discussed Natalee’s trip, her problems dealing with the Aruban Government since her disappearance, and her experiences while on the island searching for her daughter. I heard a lot of sniffles and saw a lot of tears in the eyes of some of the young college girls near me when Beth showed a beautiful presentation of Natalee and the girl that she really is.



Beth stood there, more comfortable and less nervous by the minute when she directed the attention of the students themselves. She stated how important it is for young adults traveling to have a plan. “If you make a plan at the beginning of the evening with your friends on where you are going and how you are going to get there, then you should have a plan for leaving as well.” Makes sense, Beth! Let’s hope that others will be smart enough to learn from Natalee and prevent another incident like this from happening in their own lives.



After the speech Beth received a well-deserved standing ovation. When the crowd started to file out, dozens of people rushed the podium to hug Beth, shake her hand, or tell her how much they support her and pray for her, Natalee and their family. I finally scrambled my way through the crowd and said, “Hi Beth! It’s Michelle!” This was my first time meeting Beth in person and I was excited to finally meet the stranger that I have dedicated all my personal time and passion to since last fall. As I hugged her, I felt all the positive energy flowing through our bodies. You could tell all those hugs she has gotten throughout these last nine months don’t get old to her. You could actually feel the warmth, sadness and vengeance in that hug all at the same time.


My last words to her that evening were, “No one is leaving. We will be here until the end. We will do whatever it takes to help you find Natalee and bring her home to you and your family.” I meant that with the bottom of my heart. I will not stop this crusade of boycotting Aruba until answers are given and Natalee is found.



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,

I am so glad you finally got to meet Beth in person! You have worked so diligently for her these past months and have given all of us that care a place to come for information and share our thoughts.

I thank you so much for all that you have done. Meeting Beth and feeling that hug from her makes it all so much more poignant, doesn't it? I know that I felt the same way you so eloquently described when I recently met her myself.

So, I too, want to echo your last words to her.. “No one is leaving. We will be here until the end. We will do whatever it takes to help you find Natalee and bring her home to you and your family.”

Thanks, Michelle!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Michelle for sharing. Beth has so much inner strength. What she is doing will benefit everyone, not just the students. Her message will affect many peoples lives. God bless her!

Anonymous said...

Due to this horrible tragedy Beth Holloway Twitty has undertaken a new an critical mission in her life. To help other parents and young adults who have suffered a similiar fate or better yet to help prevent one...I am positive her work will help save young ladies lives....she has taken a negative and changed it into a positive...In essence she can be a time traveler...she can take these young people back in time and show where mistakes in judgement were made by natalee and others which would include herself...this has got to be difficult and yet healing as well....This has to be done to help save lives and you can bet your butt it will save lives....I have said this before and i will say it again,Natalee is not alone now..she will not be discarded as garbage and forgotten we won't allow that..I wished to god i had been there that nite to help her but im sure we all feel that way..but we will keep up the pressure and we will find the truth and justice will be done!! Once again thank you Michelle for your work on this forum..Excellent!

Anonymous said...

:'( (crying tears)
I respect Beth so much for her courage

Anonymous said...

Michelle,

Can you please post on the FP of your blog where Beth will have her presentation next? I want to attend one of her presentations even though my kids are not old enough yet.

I am a Scared Monkey and I feel for her every single day.

Thanks, Whytegirl

Anonymous said...

I was so right about you, all along, little girl, Michelle says so!! I could tell by the certain questions that I asked you over the course of months, that you didn't know the real answers to.
No Mother, especially in the medical profession would open up to a stranger about the ongoings of her family members past. Let's see, your young single blonde, not many friends, posts day and night so you don't have a life of your own. you have a lot of stories to tell. You strive on producing hatred here. Due to
HIPPA Regulations through the board, unmentioned details leading up to this disapperence legally can not be told just yet. Its called Right To Privacy. For now.

You remember Pandora's Box mentioned before right?

Clue: PT that is employed through the board. who is a little closer than you think.
This is not a bashing, we just want the real truth to come out.
It has interrupted enough here in this town.
I totally understand that you will block this comment. So in the future I will leave my signature mark "PT" then you will know it's me.
Try not to be so vile with your answers. It just shows what your "lacking."

Anonymous said...

Tell your idol when she gets that cast off her leg to come over for a PT evaluation. Them I can ask her myself if she remembers you and your blog of what 10 viewers?
What a hoot. The information handed out in the medical community/hospital/rehab is more credible than what is posted here.

Michelle Says So 2.0 said...

Go ahead and ask Beth if she knows me. In fact I just got off the phone with her. I've been talking with her consistently on the phone and email since November. So shut that pie hole.

PS--I cannot give out ALL INFORMATION. Don't you know about the civil suit and an ongoing investigation?

Sorry if you don't believe in the truth. I don't really care what you believe.

PS--You don't know anything about me...plenty of friends, a loving family, and not single. Maybe you should take a look in the mirror yourself. And unlike you maybe, I know how to MULTI-TASK and can post information quickly. Sorry if you aren't up to my caliber of being able to handle many things at once.

Anonymous said...

I have been writing about the Holloway case for many months and I have
received threats from several people. They all sounded exactly like the
ones posted here. You people really need to get a new script because you are blowing smoke out of your butts.

We have just as much right to blog about the Holloway case as you do and
we have the right to say whatever we please.

You have no idea what we know and one of the things that I WILL share with
you haters is that we know that YOU know nothing.

You spend all of your time blasting people and threatening lawsuits and
they are meaningless and idiotic as are all of you on the Refugees and Unusual Suspects message boards. No one who has anything to do with this case pays any attention to you except to laugh at your pitiful attempts at
threatening people. You wouldn't know the truth if it hit you over the head. Why don't you all go and move to Joran's compound on Aruba and live happily everafter.

Just watch your backs and your drinks.

Anonymous said...

Right on Meri and Michelle. God bless you both. I'm not the only one who appreciates your hard work and effort helping Beth and her family find closure. No matter what it takes.

I am not blonde or white, however, I don't think this is a "pretty white blonde girl" syndrome...I am a proud black woman who knows injustice when she sees it.

Anonymous said...

(tips hat to brownsugar)

i too have followed this case from the beginning and will NEVER give up either, shouting from the roof top & in cyber world that aruba is a place no females of any age should go to. To anyone thinking of going there only need to read how Natalee whose only crime was trusting aruba's promise of a safe island has been bashed, trashed, belittled & blamed is a place they don't want to go. with every nasty post they make against Natalee & her family, they smear aruba's image and adds fuel to the boycott. they are just to stupid to realize it.